Bucks For The Brave
2019 Bucks for the Brave Contest
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK AND ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE CONTEST SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE SPONSOR, NOT FACEBOOK.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE 2019 BUCKS FOR THE BRAVE CONTEST (“CONTEST”) SPONSORED BY CARGILL, INCORPORATED (“SPONSOR”). PURCHASING WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Participants do not have to purchase any merchandise to participate or to win. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Participation constitutes each eligible participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest including, without limitation, the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules.
- WHO CAN ENTER? Contest is open only to individuals, 21 years of age or older, in one of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry (“Contestant”). Employees, officers and directors of Cargill Incorporated, Wyng Corp., Trinity Oaks, Cargill feed retailers and Cargill feed distributors, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and individuals living in the same household of each, are not eligible to win. Eligibility subject to verification at any time. CONTESTANTS MUST NO LONGER BE ACTIVELY SERVING IN ANY BRANCH OF MILITARY SERVICE AND/OR MUST BE RETIRED FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FIRE DEPARTMENT. CONTESTANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A DD214 OR OTHER PROOF OF MILITARY SERVICE, OR RETIREMENT LETTER FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FIRE DEPARTMENT AS PROOF OF ELIGIBLITY. ANY CONTESTANT DETERMINED TO BE STILL IN ACTIVE SERVICE SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
- HOW DO I ENTER? The Contest begins at 12:00am EST July 19, 2019 and ends at 11:59pm EST on September 20, 2019(“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, Contestant must go to www.recordrack.com or https://www.facebook.com/RecordRackDeerFeed and follow the prompts to submit the story of the Hero they are nominating. Contestants are permitted to nominate themselves provided they are no longer actively serving in any branch of military service, Law Enforcement Agency or Fire Department, and meet all other requirements of these Official Rules. Contestant must also upload a picture of the veteran or retired First Responder they would like to submit along with the story. By submitting the photo and entering the veteran or retired First Responder into the contest, Contestant represents that s/he has obtained permission of the veteran or retired First Responder to use the photo and submit their story, and that the content of the story is factual. In addition, by submitting the photo and entering the veteran or retired First Responder into the contest, Contestant represents that the veteran is not currently serving in any branch of service and/or is retired as a First Responder. Contestants must complete the entry form in whole in order to finish the upload of the photo and be entered in the contest. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the Contestant. In the event that Contestant’s contact information changes during the Contest Period, it is Contestant’s responsibility to notify Sponsor of such change.
The requirements for the photos are as follows:
- Photographs must be images of people taken with a camera.
- Cropped and color-adjusted photographs are eligible, however, any tampering with photographs (other than cropping or color adjustment), including but not limited to adding text to the image or editing the objects/persons/background in the photo, is not allowed and the submitter of any tampered photographs will be disqualified from further participation in the Contest.
- While digital photographs are preferred, scanned images of non-digital photographs are acceptable.
- All photographs submitted must be original to and owned by the entrant. By entering the Contest, Contestant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph, including without limitation, the subject(s) in the photograph (ex:
person(s), property, animals).
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The photograph must not violate any law.
- Entries void if the Sponsor determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft or which otherwise violate these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Contestant who does not comply with these Official Rules.
- WHAT CAN I WIN? SEVEN (7) Grand Prize winners (one from each branch of service – Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard and one retired Law Enforcement Officer and one retired Fire Fighter) receive an all-inclusive [airfare (if required), transportation, lodging, meals, license, hunt] deer hunt at Trinity Oak’s Thumbtack Ranch in Batesville, Texas for four nights, approximate value of $5,000 each. Grand Prize winner must fully redeem the Grand Prize November 8-12, 2019. The Grand Prize is not transferable or substitutable, except by Sponsor. The Grand Prize does not include service charges, insurance, taxes and other expenses or items not specifically described as part of the prize in these Official Rules. Any and all taxes and/or fees associated with prize receipt, redemption and use are the sole responsibility of winner.
- HOW DO I WIN? A committee made up Veterans and retired First Responders as well as employees of Sponsor, Trinity Oaks, and Partners (the “Committee”) will review the nominations and choose One (1) grand prize winner from EACH of the seven categories (one from each branch of military service, one retired Law Enforcement Officer and one retired Fire Fighter). This Committee’s decision as to the winner of the Grand Prize is final.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I WIN? Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration of the Contest and Grand Prize award is final. Winners will be announced via Facebook on October 5, 2019 and shared on Sponsor’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/RecordRackDeerFeed/.
Sponsor will follow up with these Grand Prize Winners by email and phone on or about October 7, 2019, in accordance with the information provided by the Contestant. Each potential winner must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release within seven (7) days of receipt of those documents or the prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason within seven (7) business days, is ineligible, fails to claim his/her prize, or fails to return the completed and executed affidavit/release within the required time, the potential winner will have forfeited his/her prize. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that e-mail address. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain.
- NON-CONFORMING ENTRIES; DISRUPTION OF CONTEST. Entries not conforming to the requirements of these Official Rules will not be accepted or acknowledged, will be ineligible and void, and the submitter of such entries will be disqualified from further participation in the Contest.
Sponsor, its affiliates, agents and subsidiaries, and the officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees of each of the foregoing persons or entities (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for late, delayed, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries or communications to or from Contestants or errors in the printing of these Official Rules or any other Contest material. Further, Released Parties are not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in systems operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer or mobile device system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION; AND IF SUCH INDIVIDUAL ENTERS OR HAS ENTERED THE CONTEST HE/SHE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM FURTHER PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
- PUBLICITY. By accepting a prize, prize winner (i) agrees to Sponsor’s use for advertising or publicity purposes of winner’s name and address (city & state), photograph, video and/or likeness and to the use of statements made by or attributed to winner relating to the Contest, Sponsor, Sponsor’s distributors and products and services, and (ii) grants to Sponsor any and all rights to said use world-wide in all forms of media now known or hereinafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, each Contestant agrees, and by accepting a prize, agrees to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred in connection with Contestant’s participation in the Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize or participation in any prize-related activities. The Grand Prize winner may also be required to sign additional releases in connection with the Grand Prize.
- RELEASES. In the event a photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Contestant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the Contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Upon Sponsor’s request, each Contestant must be prepared to provide (within 7 calendar days of receipt of Sponsor’s request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, and/or from the owner of any material that appears in the photograph entry, authorizing Sponsor and its licensees (“Authorized Parties”) to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, and/or in advertising and marketing pieces not related to the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the Contest and selection of an alternate winner. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the Contestant will be deemed to be in receipt of Sponsor’s request or notification on the day that such notification was sent by Sponsor whether by email, regular mail or phone.
- LICENSES. By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide nonexclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (including photographs submitted and along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, and/or in advertising and marketing pieces not related to the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Each Contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place exclusively in a federal or state court within the State of Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Contestants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- SPONSOR. The 2019 BUCKS FOR THE BRAVE Contest is sponsored by Cargill, Incorporated, Feed and Nutrition Business, 15407 West McGinty Road, Wayzata, MN 55391. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend and/or terminate the Contest and/or these Official Rules in the event that the Contest is not capable of being run as planned or intended by these Official Rules by reason of any causes that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security, proper conduct or integrity of the Contest.